Monday, January 19, 2009

I Can't Believe It's Already Been One Year!

It's been one year today, time goes so fast. It sure doesn't seem like it was a year ago today when those soldiers knocked on the door to let us know Richard had died. They were in our living room at the same time of the evening I'm writing this - what memories! I remember making the phone calls to let my family know, barely able to talk through my tears. Yes, it's been one year - a year filled with so many ceremonies and memorials to Richard's sacrifice. He has been mentioned on Nancy Grace and in People magazine. He has been in numerous newspapers. We have been so blessed by the support we have received, like when we found out about Third Day being on his transport plane from Iraq to Kuwait after he died. I'll never forget meeting the band in Orlando. The best blessing has been family - when something like this happens family becomes first. We have have grown closer to and had so much interaction with our family since Richard died - we're trying real hard to live by Richard's physiology of life - "Life is Short, Have Fun".

No comments: